The fact that autoimmune diseases in cats are on the rise is nothing new. It’s been going on for several decades. About as long as commercial pet food came into being, along with veterinarians getting into the ‘prevention’ side of their business.
Commercial Pet Food
This has only been around for a few decades – maybe six or seven. But it is only in the last couple of decades that it has become so prevalent and so mainstream, with vets promoting it as if their lives depended on it.
There is nothing good about commercial cat food. It keeps cats alive, but it doesn’t keep them healthy. Far from it. Let’s look at some of the biggest problems with it:
- it is all cooked – cooking destroys enzymes and alters protein (at the very least) compromising digestion and assimilation of the food. It doubtless does many other things we are yet to discover.
- the quality of the animal protein is very low grade – the choiciest food going to the more lucrative human market; cats need high quality animal protein
- the quantity of animal protein is very low, with cheap carbohydrates bulking out the ‘food’, yet cats do not have the complex organs needed to process carbohydrates as they are carnivores
- since the overall content of the ‘food’ lacks any real nutrition, supplements are added; cheap, synthetic, pretty much useless as nutrients, but which can be harmful
- the dry food is one of the worse ‘foods’ for two reasons – all dry food MUST contain preservatives to remain on the shelf for years; cats don’t naturally drink much so all cats fed dry ‘food’ will be chronically dehydrated
Just this ‘food’ alone will compromise a healthy immune system. No-one can survive this year-in year-out lack of nutrition and remain healthy. No wonder cats are now termed geriatric at 10 years of age, when they used to live to 20 plus easily in the past.
In truth, whatever the brand, whoever sells it to you, however much it costs, probably all commercial cat food is cat junk food.
Is it any wonder that autoimmune diseases in cats are on the rise?
Prevention Veterinary Medicine
Along with the so called prevention medicine for humans, this idea has become a wonderful way to make money – for those who spread this misinformation.
It’s based on fear. People are very easily frightened. Especially when it comes to those they love – their family. Preying on the vulnerable has become big business.
Yet, somehow, we all managed very well, to survive even thrive, before the advent of all this preventative medicine.
In reality, it doesn’t and can’t work because the focus is on making money for a few rather than empowering the many.
The fact is, the best way to prevent any disease, any ailment, is to promote a strong immune system. A strong immune system is inherent in everyone at conception. Its what happens afterwards that compromise it.
Are the vets really the monsters in all this? Probably, the vast majority started out really wanting to help animals. Somewhere in their training, they got hood winked into accepting false concepts.
Many holistic vets tell their stories of how they realised, early on in their careers, that they weren’t doing much good, so they made a switch to an holistic approach, with much better results. This realisation must happen to most vets, but many don’t know what else to do or feel they have invested too much time or money in their chosen career.
The suicide rate of medical personnel is high, showing how much unease they have in doing what they do.
What is also interesting is that a study revealed that most vets don’t feed their cats commercial cat food, or carry out the preventative medicine they maintain for their patients.
Your Key Focus Should Be On The Health Of The Immune System
A healthy immune system is key in preventing disease, all disease including autoimmune disease. The way to keep it healthy is to follow the ways of nature. This includes:
- feeding your cat the way they evolved
- keeping the toxic burden as low as possible – toxins abound especially in commercial pet food and medication
- using a system of health care that supports a healthy immune system, such as homeopathy, rather than destroying it
Never think for a single moment that man is better than nature. Man has profit and ego motive. Nature has only benevolence as a motive.
Whilst you continue to put your money into harming your cat, and doubtless yourself, this will continue to worsen, as it is. You, and all those who buy into this way, are contributing to all diseases and is the reason why autoimmune diseases in cats are on the rise.
The way to better health for everyone is to start to understand and appreciate how it works; information you won’t get from a mainstream vet, however nice they are.